home software section
STAMP is a package comprising 15 programs for alignment and analysis
of protein three-dimensional structures.
The major features are:
STAMP is available free of charge to non-profit organisations, and
to others for a fee. A license must be completed by all prospective
users. Users of previous versions of STAMP can obtain the new
version with the same license.
- 1) Fast alignment and superimposition of two or more protein structures
- 2) Generation and display superimposed protein 3D structures
and sequence alignments
- 3) Comparison of a protein 3D structure to a database of
other 3D structures
- 4) Direct interface to MOLSCRIPT and ALSCRIPT drawing programs
- 5) A clear method for assigning which regions within a family of
proteins are structurally equivalent, without the need for graphical intervention.
The new version (4.0) has corrected several bugs, ontains a much
improved manual and includes several new programs, including those
for the generation of MOLSCRIPT input, and for the generation of
For further details as to the program and licenses, see
ftp geoff.biop.ox.ac.uk README and
or contact Geoff Barton via
Please send your comments and your suggestions to Yves
Last update November 3 1995 Y.E.
This service is made available through a grant from CNRS and Ministère
de l'Education Nationale