If you wish to quote short passages or to reprint any figures or tables from IUCr Journals in a scientific publication, prior permission is not required, subject to the following conditions:
- Reproduction is intended in a journal, CD-ROM, book or thesis.
- The original article in which the material appeared is cited.
- IUCr's copyright permission is indicated by the wording "Reproduced with permission of the International Union of Crystallography". In electronic form, this acknowledgement must be visible at the same time as the reused materials, and must be hyperlinked to Crystallography Journals Online (http://journals.iucr.org/).
Republication or systematic or multiple reproduction of longer passages from IUCr Journals is permitted only under licence from the IUCr; in addition, the IUCr may require that permission be obtained from one of the authors. In such cases, enquiries and requests for permission should be addressed to:
- The title, author(s) and page extent of the article you wish to republish, or, in the case where you do not wish to reproduce the whole article, details of the section(s) to be reproduced.
- The journal title, volume/issue number and year of publication in which the article appeared, and the page numbers of the article.
- Details of the publication in which you wish to reprint the Journal material.
- If the material is being edited or amended in any way, a copy of the final material as it will appear in your publication.
- Contact details for yourself, including a postal address.
Teaching institutions with a current paid subscription to the journal may make multiple copies for teaching purposes without charge, provided such copies are not resold or copied. In all other cases, permission should be obtained from a reproduction rights organisation (see below) or directly from the Publisher.
Copyright Licensing Agency
Institutions based in the UK with a valid photocopying and/or digital license with the Copyright Licensing Agency may copy excerpts under the terms of their license. For further information go to CLA.
Copyright Clearance Center
Institutions based in the US with a valid photocopying and/or digital license with the Copyright Clearance Center may copy excerpts under the terms of their license, please go to CCC.
Please contact your local reproduction rights organisation.